Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm A Loser Friend...

Well, I feel like the biggest loser of a friend ever! My best friend since 1st grade is now in Basic Training for the Army. He only has certain times and a certain amount of time that he can call his family and other people on Sundays. Last Sunday he called a total of FOUR times! I couldn't believe that I had missed that many calls from him. I was working (unfortunately) so I couldn't answer it anyway but it made me feel so horrible that he could have been talking to his mom for a longer amount of time but he chose to call me and I didn't answer. Well it's Sunday again, and I was told by one of my friends (whom he also called) that he was going to call me again. I made sure that I had my phone on me at all times, with the exception of being at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication, to make sure that if he called I'd be there to answer it. I decided to take a nap and while doing so, HE CALLED! I ended up waking up about 5 or 10 minutes after and didn't even think to check my phone. I didn't find out about about it until 7:30 ish. I tried to call him back but wasn't able to get a hold of him, I even left a message but he probably won't get it until next week. This is me and Shelby on Graduation Day

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh-that is so sweet! You certainly don't sound like a loser friend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as though it wasn't meant to happen, just one of those things hey? You are doing great, as they say in Aussie land " not to worry"

    ReplyDelete